Mini Fusion Jazz & Ballet Requirements
must be age 10 or under as of january 1, 2019
· Clean battements in all directions and on releve
· Definite single outside pirouettes on both sides
· For those age 8+: double pirouettes on both sides and in combinations
· Grande jete and sauté chat split leaps to the front and in ala seconde/side leap!
· The ability to put all of the above in a progression combination across the floor.
· Strong performing and personality skills
· The ability to learn a combination in the center quickly, accurately and with showmanship.
· Must have an understanding of basic barre exercises: plie, grande plie, tendu in all directions and out of 1st and 5th, degage in all directions and out of 1st and 5th, rond de jambe, basic single frappe, developpe to 90 degrees in all directions, and grande battement in all directions.
· In the center: tendu combinations, single pirouette combinations, simple adage including developpes and grande plie in the center, and simple petite allegro.
· Must be able to execute medium allegro exercises: glissades, assembles, jetes, pas de bourree, balances, etc.
· Simple grande allegro, for example: tombe pas de bourree, glissade, grande jete.
· A positive attitude and willingness to be corrected in order to grow, learn, and become better!
· A definite dedication to the 2 days per week for the Fusion classes.
· Competitions will be in Seattle for WCDE from March 22nd-24th. You will be responsible for your own travel, hotel, food, convention, and competition fees. Competition will be $55 per dancer per routine. Convention/Workshop fee will be $255. We will also do one competition in Billings. Which competition we do in Billings will be announced at a later date. It will be $55 per dancer per routine, but will not have a convention fee.
· $70 per costume; it will depend on how many Fusion areas you participate in. Maximum 4. Fusion will not do a ballet dance, but there is a possibility of them doing lyrical or contemporary, time permitting.
· All performances are required: Halftimes, Competitions, 2 Recreational Shows in May, 1-2 Company Shows in June.