Itty Bitty Company
MUST BE age 5 at the time of tryout & 8 OR UNDER AS OF JANUARY 1, 2019
The Itty Bitty Company is a fun introduction to the competition world! Our Itty Bitty Company is a low-commitment company that focusses on learning how to be a team member, discovering the details of a competitive routine, and understanding how to become a better dancer and performer while having a fabulous time in doing so!
· Dancers must be a minimum of age 5 and maximum of age 8 as of January 1st, 2019.
· These dancers will be selected through an audition process. All Itty Bitty Jazz Members must be signed up for Jazzand Ballet recreational classes for the year. All Tap Members must be signed up for a tap recreational class for the year. (Those on our Mini Company who would also like to do Itty do not need to be signed up for recreational classes as well). You can choose to be on both jazz and tap if you’d like, but recreational ballet or creative movement class is a requirement for jazz.
· The Itty Bitty Class will be in additionto the recreational classes and will only be 20-30 minutes long, one day per week, per genre.
· In order to try out, dancers must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in their genre or a high recommendation from their current recreational dance instructor. Please consult your current instructor, regardless of years of experience, if this is your first year trying out.
· These dancers will be required to commit fully to ALL of their dance classes. They will have 1-2 halftime performances that will be required, as well as added Itty classes the week/weekend prior to the first halftime. They will also be required to do one competition and possibly one convention in Billings.
· This try out will take place in late October or early November. Make sure to check your emails and postings at the studio as we near the end of October.